A Conservative Guide to Voting in Santa Clarita (and Commiefornia)

I’ve said it before, right in these pages: we’re in the midst of a civil war in this country every bit as profound and fundamental as the one that took place in the 1860s. So far it’s been pretty bloodless, but make no mistake. We’re in a battle for the very soul of this nation.

In the two years since Donald Trump put an end to Hillary Clinton’s “unstoppable” ascendancy to the Oval Office the Dem/socialists have cranked their outrage meter all the way up to eleven, culminating in the outrageous and despicable attempt at character assassination targeted against Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation process as a Supreme Court justice.

Fortunately, that attack failed and Kavanaugh has been seated. But that battle may well not be over. Many of the Dem/socialists’ leading voices – luminaries such as Nancy “The Red” Pelosi, Cory “Spartacus” Booker, and Maxine “Muddy” Waters, among others – have intimated, if not outright promised, that they will explore the possibility of impeachment, not only of Kavanaugh, but Trump himself, too, if they manage to take over control of the House of Representatives.

It doesn’t matter to the unhinged left that there aren’t any “high crimes and misdemeanors” upon which to hang an impeachment charge, nor that removal from office requires a 2/3 vote in the Senate, a level impossible to attain. This is all political kabuki, theatrical melodrama designed to impede the political process while chomping from a bowl of sour grapes.

We need to put an end to this right now.

The first step is to make sure that Katie Hill doesn’t win election to the House of Representatives. She’s already made her position clear on Kavanaugh, calling him a “serial predator” in a tweet (https://twitter.com/KatieHill4CA/status/1045009222918799361). As I discussed in my September 19th column (“A Lynching in the Senate”) there was no actual evidence to support the outrageous accusations, but that evidently didn’t mean anything to Hill. Is that the mindset we want to see in the person representing us in the US House of Representatives? Guilt and personal destruction by unsupported accusation? Do we want to send her to Washington so she can hop on the impeachment bandwagon?

Throw in the nature of the policies she supports – gun control, government-run healthcare (which will destroy both healthcare and the economy), amnesty – and you have a hard-left activist who I believe doesn’t represent the values of our community.

Let’s re-elect Steve Knight.

We have our work cut out for us at the state level, too. If and when the Sacramento socialists get a super-majority, bad things will happen. You think the gas and car registration tax hike was bad? Well, buckle up if they get even more power!

To that end, it’s a big “NO” on Christy Smith and a “Yes!” for Dante Acosta. For those of us in the north part of the SCV, Tom Lackey gets the nod over Steve Fox.

The race for Governor is pretty much a no-brainer. It’s interesting how, in his media ads, Gavin Newsome tries to come across as reasonable and moderate. All you have to do is look at his tenure as Mayor of San Francisco to see the real face behind the mask. John Cox is the guy to vote for.

Leftist extraordinaire Xavier Becerra is being challenged by Steven Bailey for the post of state Attorney-General. This is an often-overlooked position in people’s election thinking, but it really is quite important. Let’s support Bailey.

At the local level, I’ve previously mentioned that we have a group of radical leftist activists who have “endorsed” certain candidates for some of the offices on the ballot. To me, that’s a list of candidates to avoid. Here they are:

City Council: Haddock, Trautman, and Logan Smith. There are 12 other candidates from which you can choose, including my friend Jason Gibbs.

Saugus Union School District: Barlavi, Arrowsmith, and Chris Trunkey.

Hart Union School District: Donna Robert and Kelly Trunkey.

You may have noticed I didn’t mention the race for US Senate. Feinstein versus De Leon. Well, it reminds me of a movie: “Dumb and Dumber”. I’m sitting that one out.

I’m not a member of any political party, so, as a conservative “independent”, those are my recommendations for the upcoming elections.

Vote as if your kids’ futures depend on it. Because they do.

10 comments on “A Conservative Guide to Voting in Santa Clarita (and Commiefornia)

Are you seeing an uptick or increase in conservatism in CA? From the comments I’ve seen it seems like more of them are speaking up because they’re sick and tired of the commie Dems ruining their state. Maybe the massive fires played a role in that after so many people lost their houses because of the terrible forest maintenance regulations.

California desperately needs an upset, or at least a better balance, and now that McConnell, et al, found some backbone, maybe it will help to spur that in other races too.

To be honest with you, Kathy, I really don’t have a good handle on that question, and I’m looking at this election to provide some real clarity on the issue.

For years now, we’ve had an outmigration of “earners” from this state, and those are the people who traditionally form the “conservative” demographic. At the same time we’ve had an influx of illegals and welfare recipients. This one state has about 1/4 of all the illegals and 1/3 of the welfare recipients of the entire country within our borders. That’s hugely problematic.

I’m particularly looking at our 25th District (House of Representatives) as being indicative. This is traditionally a VERY conservative district. It’s where I got the name for my blog; it was an “Island” of conservatism in the “vast sea” of leftism that is LA County. A Dem/socialist couldn’t get elected dogcatcher here.

But here we are, with that race being neck-and-neck, at least according to the polls. Now, I don’t have much faith in those polls, because we’re one small district that really hasn’t been deeply studied, and as we saw two years ago, if polling was really all that accurate the Hildebeast would be President.

But if Hill somehow wins this election, beating Knight, I think it’s a terrible bellwether for the direction of the state as a whole.

It’s also an election that has several props on the ballot that clearly define the political differences, and I’m very interested to see how they fare. Will we repeal the gas and car registration tax increase? Defeat the statewide rent control prop? Pass more bonds? What? I think the results on those props will also have a lot of meaning.

HOPEFULLY, as you say, the recent growth of spine by the GOP will have generated some enthusiasm out here. And HOPEFULLY the polling isn’t accurate.

We’ll know in a little over two weeks. Stay tuned!

• Kathy says:

Maybe I read more into it than was there, or maybe the few you have are just getting louder, but either way, like you said, we’ll know for sure in a few weeks.

I didn’t think Ted Cruz would have much opposition, but some people here are just enthralled by this Beto O’Rourke guy. According to the polls it’s a fairly tight race with Cruz leading slightly. There again, it’s a poll, which I’ve never trusted; they’re too easily skewed or slanted.

Here’s hoping Trump’s campaigning boosts the red votes everywhere!

I’ll second that emotion.

I think the issue is more the Dem/socialists hysteria working against them than Trump working for conservatism. But what ever works!

Here’s hoping the conservatives hold the Island, Brian!

3. Hi Brian, my next column is on voter fraud in Canada. Do you think illegal immigrants are voting in California?

From this link, it appears numerous forms of ID are acceptable in California, but I’m “guessing” illegal immigrants can obtain many of these:

In Canada, you do have to present ID when you vote, but you don’t have to prove you are a citizen.

Christopher, there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that there’s such voter fraud out here in Commiefornia. Facilitating it is, of course, why the state government changed all the laws on voter registration to make it easier for fraudulent registration and voting. In fact, I don’t think it’s confined to this state, either.

I’ll be VERY interested in reading that column when you publish it. In this country you used to have to show a voter registration card in order to cast a ballot, and you had to prove citizenship to get the card. I remember carrying one when I was younger — MUCH younger — until those laws were changed. Of course, making that change simply opened the door for all that followed. It’s been a catastrophe.