Deplorables: Making America Great Again

Back when Ronald Reagan was President the mainstream press hated him as much as they hate Trump now, and there was a joke that made the rounds that I think is just as applicable today. It goes like this:

If there had been a press corps a couple of thousand years ago like the one we have today, and they covered Jesus like they cover Reagan, the day after He walked on water the headline would have been: “JESUS CAN’T SWIM!!!”

To quote Yogi Berra, it’s déjà vu all over again. In fact, in the age of Trump, I think an updated version of that punch line would read: “JESUS IS AN ANTI-SWIMMER NAZI!!!”

The volume of the hysterical outrage from Dem/socialists and Never-Trumpers is a wonder to behold. Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is in full and marvelous bloom. The added irony is that as their outrage level gets cranked ever higher, Trump’s popularity simply seems to increase in direct response. It looks like we Deplorables just aren’t buying the snake oil. In fact, as of July 26 the Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll had Trump’s approval rate at 46%, which is higher than Saint Obama’s numbers at the same point in his presidency.

Now, I have to admit that I had very grave doubts about Trump during the 2016 election cycle. If you’re interested you can go into the Signal archives, or my old blog entries, and read my columns from that time. I was a hardcore Ted Cruz guy. But as Election Day in November came rolling near, and it became clear the choice was a binary one between Trump and Hillary “Whiny” Clinton, I reluctantly threw my support to Trump, since I viewed Whiny as a disaster-in-waiting for the country.

Much to my delight, Trump’s turned out to govern as the single most conservative President since Reagan. Who’da thunk it?

I know, I know… I’m just a Deplorable who “cling(s) to guns or religion” per Saint Barrack; a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, gun-loving, small-government, nativist, greedy, ignorant Nazi. Bummer.

The problem for the TDS crowd is that we Deplorables just don’t care about the things that whip them into such a lather. Did Trump have girlfriends back in the day? Who cares? The guy was a rich guy in show biz. Didn’t they all? I voted for a guy to be President, not saint.

“But, but… Mueller!…” Yeah, what about Mueller? A year and a half of wasted time and taxpayer dollars on an “investigation” that’s wandered very far afield of what it was supposedly investigating; that’s lost any semblance of objectivity (Strzok, Page, McCabe); and has only managed to indict a bunch of Russian internet trolls located halfway around the globe. How utterly underwhelming.

“Treason!” That’s the latest meme from the loony left. They don’t like how he’s carrying out foreign policy, so now they’re accusing him of “treason”. Seriously! Check out the Boston Globe, Chicago Trib, Baltimore Sun, Congressman Ted Lieu, Anderson Cooper on CNN, among many others. Talk about unhinged. This is exactly why normal people can’t take TDSers seriously.

One of the most ironic “treason” accusations came from former CIA Director John Brennan. The irony stems from the fact that in 1976 Brennan voted for Gus Hall for President. Hall was the nominee of the US Communist Party. How this guy ever got a security clearance is beyond me. When I was in Army Intelligence that would have been an immediate disqualifier. Instead, he rose to become CIA Director.

Between that and the Mueller “investigation”, not to mention James Comey’s outright malfeasance with the investigation into Whiny’s home brew email rig, there’s certainly credence to Trump’s complaints about the operations and objectivity of the intelligence apparatus, at least to my mind. The Intel community sure has changed since I was a member.

Trump has a summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un? “Terrible” per the TDSers, though Saint Barrack bowing and scraping to every tin pot dictator in sight was a great thing. Trump gets Kim to make concessions? “Meaningless”. What did they expect? That Kim would ask to be annexed as a state?

Trump pressures other NATO members to start hauling their own weight? “Outrageous”, per the TDSers. But guess what? That sounds like a GREAT idea to us Deplorables!

Meanwhile, the economy’s cooking, people are taking home more money, they’re paying less in federal taxes, there are more jobs than applicants, unemployment’s at record lows, the stock market’s at record highs, we’ve pulled out of the Paris Accords “climate change” scam, we’ve had a great new Supreme Court Justice seated in Neil Gorsuch with another terrific nominee in Brett Kavanaugh awaiting confirmation, and we’re really on our way to “Making America Great Again”.

It’s time for the TDSers to grow up and put their big boy pants on. The election’s over. Whiny lost and is never going to be President (thank God). Trump’s not going to be impeached and removed from office.

That’s just the way it is.

(Also published today in The Signal)

17 comments on “Deplorables: Making America Great Again

1. William H Taylor says:

Sure am proud to see him running the show for the most part. I would love to see some warrents issued, arrest made and trials for a bunch of folks in the swamp.

2. vonmesser says:

Except for being a Walker-Perry fan and involved in Navy vice Army Intel, I could have written this.

3. Hopeful says:

Another good article, Brian! Hey, if you want to piss off the CA. Democrats even more, take a look at the web portal Alex Padilla (aka, CA. Secretary of State) set up, and do the opposite that he is hoping Californians will do…use the link he conveniently provided to submit a comment on the 2020 Census website to encourage them to INCLUDE the citizenship question. I know CA. and some other states are screaming & crying about including that question of the census, but really? Is it so bad to know how many citizens versus non-citizens reside in each city/county/state? They aren’t asking if people are here LEGALLY; they are only asking citizen versus non-citizen, which would be helpful to know during election time.

You can find the information here: http://www.sos.ca.gov/administration/news-releases-and-advisories/all-californians-count/

In the meantime, I hope you and my former SCV neighbors will be able to re-elect Steve Knight! The Dems are sure going after him and as many Republican Congressmen/women as they think they can turn. Here in Arizona, I will do my part, but it is looking as though my new state is turning out to be a battleground as well.

If Democrats are able to flip the house, and if Republicans don’t increase their numbers in the Senate, the huge progress being made under the Trump Administration will end. For once, a lot is getting accomplished, and I sure don’t want to go back since there is still way too much to be done!

Hopeful, great to hear from you, as always. I hope AZ is living up to your expectations.

I’ll check out that Padilla tip, but as for Steve Knight, I’ll be writing a strong column when we get a bit closer to the election. I’m going to use Katie Hill’s own words against her.

I think Knight’s in a pretty good position, because in the primary he got more votes than all the Dem/socialists combined. In fact, he got over 50% of all the votes cast in the primary.

But it’s never a good thing to become complacent, and I sure as hell plan to do my part.

4. garnet92 says:

Excellent piece, Brian!

What always amazes me is how clueless the other side is. You’d think that they would see the progress being made on all sorts of issues and conclude that maybe Trump isn’t so bad after all. But that’s not the case; they absolutely REFUSE to acknowledge those positive aspects of Trump’s economy that you’ve mentioned.

I know that you and I were very skeptical when we voted for Cheeto-man, but he has produced and even though he was not the guy that we wanted, we’ve accepted the reality of the situation and appreciate the results that Trump has achieved.

So far, Trump has delivered on many of his promises – more than most, and even though there are still a number of things about him that I don’t like, they are outweighed by the positive results that he’s delivered for the country. As you said, I voted for a president, not a choir boy.

I have some commentary up on PT today that considers the results if the left got their way and a destroyed Trump’s achievements got overturned – (hint) it ain’t pretty.

I’m afraid that most of the anti-Trump crowd is mindlessly following a false depiction of Trump in a form of virtue-signaling because they’ve been told that he is everything that is unholy. And they’re acting on what they’ve been told rather than what is plainly before their eyes – if only they’d open them.

“You’d think that they would see the progress being made on all sorts of issues and conclude that maybe Trump isn’t so bad after all.”

I think the problem is that they actually DO see it, but either hate that he’s succeeding, or hate the issues he’s succeeding on, if not both. That makes him even worse to them. They’d be FAR happier, and less shrill, if he were failing, I think. They hate, and are threatened by, his successes. Hence the hysterical efforts to delegitimize him.

Thanks for the kind words, Garnet!

5. I was frankly shocked that Conservative Primary voters picked Trump instead of the usual GOP hacks they seem to love (Dole, McCain, Romney, etc., LOL)…of course Trump is just another Big Govt. Republican in an unbroken line of them dating back to Richard Nixon, but at least Trump fights instead of groveling to his political enemies.

As someone who dropped out of the GOP and wrote off Conservatives (esp. those of the Baby Boomer generation) after Ron Paul proved in ’08 & ’12 that they were in no way, shape, or form interested in Constitutionalism, small govt., or putting America first, I’m enjoying watching the Sh1t Show that’s raging at the moment

Of course, I fully expect Conservatives/Big Govt. Republicans to continue embracing Progressive Era policies (including tenets of the Communist Manifesto) & to continue failing to reverse America’s decline & significantly curb immigration (most of you just don’t have the stomach for it). Leftists are evil bastards, but they know how to win at politics…they will continue to import 3rd World voters & bribe people w/’free’ welfare goodies until they have a permanent national majority.

• Grey Neely says:

“Leftists are evil bastards, but they know how to win at politics…they will continue to import 3rd World voters & bribe people w/’free’ welfare goodies until they have a permanent national majority.”

You and I disagree in much of what you wrote, Libertarian1970. However your above statement (as I read the Democrat Party) is exactly what the Leftists are doing. These actions by the Leftists are causing a “crack” to develop in the US, with the “Deplorables” on one side and the Leftists and their minions on the other. This “crack” is very similar to the conditions that existed in the US during the run-up to the Civil War.

I hope I am wrong; but I see a Civil War breaking out in the next 10 years.

They were so utterly, completely, and over-the-top positive they had it in the bag with Hillary, the shock probably earned their therapists mega-bucks in overtime. Now Trump’s doing good, and your response to Garnet is spot on. They do know it and they can’t stand it – that’s why they’re having their little hissy fits and throwing everything they’ve got at Trump. There’s just one problem – it’s not sticking and that only ratchets up the hissy fits. LOL!

7. Grey Neely says:

I doubt if the Liberals would say that about Jesus (i.e., “JESUS IS AN ANTI-SWIMMER NAZI!!!”). Since they have no respect for God, I don’t think they would respect His Son. They prefer to believe that neither exists; and their actions prove this.

Like you Brian, I had my doubts concerning Trump. I voted against Hillary and not really for Trump. I have never been so glad as to be proven wrong about Trump. He is keeping his promises. And I truly believe he loves this country.

I’m with you, Grey. He’s the surprise gift that just keeps on giving.

Your last line is truly profound. I couldn’t agree more, and it’s SUCH a refreshing change from Obozo & Company.

So much of the Left’s hate and “resistance” is justified by lies. Trump is a fascist. Trump is a white supremacist. Trump is a traitor. Trump is in cahoots with the Russians. When people have to invent reasons to despise you, that’s the first clue that something else is afoot. What’s afoot with the Left is that they simply aren’t interested in our representational republic. They want to be the ones in control. Trump is standing in the way of that and so they just bleed with hate for him. Short of becoming one of them he will never be able to do anything that appeases them.

I fully agree.

Today’s American leftists remind me very much of Hitler’s Brown Shirts of the 1930s. Same rhetoric, same tactics, same goals.