A Leftist Lies. Shocking, I’m Sure

On 20 June The Signal published a column by Anthony Breznican, entitled “Family separation is cruel — but familiar”, which I found to be very interesting and informative.

For those who don’t know who he is, Breznican is a local hard-left activist, and I think his column offered a telling insight into that mentality.

He starts out by telling a story about a conversation he had with his two little kids, aged 9 and 5, while on the way with them to a demonstration in downtown LA about the separation of kids from illegal alien border jumpers. Per Breznican, as he tells it: “I said these are people following the rules. They are asking for help, not sneaking in.”

He goes on to say: “Rather than keeping the families together while we figure out their situation, like we used to, we are separating the children from the parents, and putting them in detention camps.”

And of course, from there he goes on to rant against Trump and Steve Knight, our local congressman who’s running for re-election.

Several things jumped out at me. The first was about the parental wisdom of taking such little kids, especially a 5-year-old, to a political demonstration. I’m a parent and grandparent, and wouldn’t have dreamed of doing such a thing, even though I’m also very politically active. I think it’s a really, really bad idea, regardless of one’s political affiliation.

But more importantly, and illustrative of the mindset of the hard left, is the disconnect from actual facts that we see in the things he told his kids.

Exactly what “rules” have the border jumpers been “following”? In what alternate universe are they “not sneaking in”? They certainly haven’t gone through any legal process to arrive here on our border. If they had, they wouldn’t have been detained in the first place, would they? And they wouldn’t have been separated from their kids… which is exactly the same thing that happens to ANY lawbreaker who’s arrested for any crime, as I wrote in my last column.

Further, this separation policy isn’t anything new at all. The policy was set in place as a result of a consent decree signed in 1997, while Clinton was President, to satisfy the judgment in a law suit filed in federal court, and these separations have been going on since then, under Clinton, Bush, and Obama. So, sorry Breznican, but “we used to” separate families for quite a while, in fact.

There have been periods when the percentage of those caught jumping the border and detained was lower, such as under the “catch and release” doctrine, particularly under Obama, and look at how well that worked. Pretty much not at all, because once released, those illegal aliens for the most part never showed up in court for their hearings, disappearing into the vast sea of the illegal alien underground. It was basically a de facto open border policy, which is exactly what the left really wants, of course.

To summarize, and put it plainly, in order to indoctrinate his young kids into his ideology, Breznican has flat-out lied to them. That’s what I found so illuminating about his column.

Now, it doesn’t exactly come as a surprise, since the American left uses flagrant lies to advance their agenda as a matter of course. That’s just SOP. But it was certainly fun to see it so blatantly illustrated in that column.

Well, I guess Trump’s stolen the left’s thunder now, having changed the policy under executive order so as to not separate kids from their parents. So, instead of being transferred to some form of foster care suitable for young kids, I guess they’ll be accompanying their illegal alien parents to detention.

How ironic. Breznican should be careful what he wishes for. But I have faith in him. I’m confident that with a little… manipulation… of the truth he and his cohort of fellow American socialists will still find some way to carry on with their smear campaign against Trump and, by extension, Knight.

It’s what they do.

(Also published today in The Signal)

25 comments on “A Leftist Lies. Shocking, I’m Sure

1. The Crawfish says:

One issue…..
    I took my daughters, ages 6.5 and 9.5, to the Gathering of Eagles III rally on the National Mall, including a counter-protest against Code Pink, in September of 2007. We met Nee (Denise Amundson) there. I did blog post about it in three parts. Combined version: https://crawfishsclaw.wordpress.com/gathering-of-eagles-iii-washington-dc-9-15-2007/

That’s certainly your decision to make, and generally speaking there’s also a big difference between leftist demonstrations and conservative demonstrations.

Again, though, I wouldn’t do it, and never have. I really don’t want to spoil my kids’ innocence by embroiling them in politics. They lose that innocence soon enough.

• The Crawfish says:

I was originally going to go again, but when they heard me talking to my wife, they asked to gonwith me. By then, they were already aware of the issues, being Navy brats and been in schools in Florida and the suburbs of Filthadelphia. COMNAVWIFE and I talked about it, and decided it would be an educational experience. They had also experienced a Code Pink demonstration at a high tech Army Experience and recruitment center in a mall near Philly, and had a lot of laughs with a bunch of other military kids. All found moonbats to be quite funny (and crunchy in milk).
        When Rep. Duncan Hunter (father of the current Rep. Hunter) was speaking, their reactions and questions they had for me and Nee impressed some of the vets standing near us. When the Code Pink rally marched past the Navy Memorial, they were more pissed off at the multiple people in camo uniforms (probably purchased at Goodwill) carrying upside down Old Glorys than I was. Even at those ages, they were patriotic spitfires.

LOL!

Yeah, I’m a military brat myself, so I know what you’re saying.

A great piece, Brian, and Breznican’s actions tell us just how far they’ll go to start the indoctrination early and they don’t have a problem with teaching their own kids big fat lies. Those poor kids will have a lot to sort out when they’re older or else they’ll be very good little lefty mouthpieces.

Although overshadowed by the screeching lies from the lefties, the truth is out there. Kristjen Nielsen, various BP agents and others have explained repeatedly that many of those kids are with adults who aren’t their parents and others are completely unaccompanied.

“Illegal immigrants are separated if there’s no documentation to confirm the claimed relationship between an adult and a child or if the parent is a national security, public or safety risk, including when there are criminal charges at issue.

“We also separate a parent and child if the adult is suspected of human trafficking,” Nielsen said. “There have been cases where minors have been used and trafficked by unrelated adults in an effort to avoid detention.

And I’d stop here to say, in the last five months, we have a 314 percent increase in adults and children arriving at the border, fraudulently claiming to be a family unit.”

Breznican and the like would just deny it and carry on. It’s also what they do.

Thanks, Kathy.

Yep, that is also just what they do. They have to lie, because the TRUTH can’t serve their end purpose, and they know it.

• MJP7200 says:

That picture that caught some attention a couple weeks ago is a great example. And that lady left other kids behind, just offing to America. Yet she is celebrated…

3. MJP7200 says:

You are right. There are many problems with this. Its really insane, if you ask me. These folks can so willingly lie and abuse the truth. And they get traction. People believe them. Hands up don’t shoot, sort of stuff, happens all the time. They come up with a story and it spreads, and they don’t get many people questioning it.

The media does not stop it, either. We’ve discussed a non-biased media before, but this is not just about bias: its about honesty. If those spreading information can’t even be honest, and no one will challenge them from within, and the ignore the criticisms from the outside, what is there to do?

Yes, that IS the question, isn’t it?

That’s why I keep repeating that I think we’re already literally immersed in a civil war in this country. The only question is what the final body count will be, and who will emerge victorious.

• MJP7200 says:

Yup. Again, agreed on that. Charles Hurt wrote a piece on that today, too, that I read through RCP.

And with Maxine telling liberals to pressure conservatives to make them uncomfortable, it is going to get worse…

Indeed. I’ve been scanning the editorials in the MSM about Kennedy retiring, and they’re in complete meltdown.

“We’re F*&^ed!”… That’s the headline of the NY Daily News, for example. Can you believe that, on a major newspaper?

LOL!

• Nee says:

This was just funny as F*ck. Equating a vacancy for the SC to Nazi concentration camps coming soon!! Sigh. Some woman attacked me about an Italian Pediatrician who died because she was pregnant in 1962 and said if another conservative is appointed, women will be slaves- “again”! WTF??? Because Roe will be overturned. Well, that would be something, wouldn’t it? Heh. The irony of it all is lost on Liberals.

Even more ironic is that overturning Roe wouldn’t actually change things that much.

It would return the issue to the states, so in places like Utah abortion might be illegal while in NY and Commiefornia things would remain unchanged.

So… what’s the big whoop? Is there some HUGE market for abortions in Utah that will ne longer be served? Those women can’t hop on a plane to Commiefornia to get their D&C?

BTW, irony is ALWAYS lost on leftists. By definition. They’re the least self-aware people I’ve ever known, with no sense of humor at all.

They’re too busy being sanctimonious and setting their hair on fire.

4. fatburningcraig says:

Great post. Spot on!

5. Nee says:

This is another example of something working until it doesn’t. Then, just change things to fit a narrative they can live with and voila, a big lie becomes their truth and no one challenges it!

I’m not a twitter fan, but I have an account. A new “hashtag” campaign has started about why leftists are leaving the dem party. Because of the lies and hypocrisy that you display here. Some people are beginning to understand that they have been pawns all along. In every way and on every issue. It’s #walkaway or something. But reading the posts is interesting.

When Maya Angelou said on live radio that she was glad Nixon was dead or, you’ve got Maxine saying she isn’t asking for others to incite violence, well, you gotta scratch your head– because democrats would love nothing more than a bloody civil war as opposed to an intellectual one and you know we would get the blame. The lengths they go to to keep victim hood alive and the abject hate they peddle in every venue (which is the only form “free speech” they own) is scary. They know not how to engage in civil debate if it cannot keep them in power and as we see with HRC, losing has only incensed the masses. Ugh.

It’ll be interesting to see how much this outrageous new tone alienates the rank-and-file, if at all. I suspect you’re right, and it is. There seems to be quite a turmoil in their party between the far-out radicals and other, less radical, elements.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out at the ballot box.

6. Nee says:

Are you trying to connect with me on FB messenger? I think someone may have hacked your account. Someone is asking if I have heard the good news yet…lacks your writing and grammar skillz!! Email me! 🙂

Nope, not me. I just got a notification from FB that someone reported a possible hacking:

“One of your Facebook friends reported Brian Baker for pretending to be you.”

I guess that was you. Thanks!

Excellent response to the lying Left, Brian.

I have never met a leftist who didn’t lie, distort, evade or be otherwise disingenuous in debate. It simply isn’t possible for them to win by telling the truth and engaging in honest debate. My question for all leftists, therefore, is this:

If you have to lie to make your case, doesn’t this prove you’re on the wrong side?

Thanks for the kind words, CW.

That IS the question, of course, but the problem is, they simply don’t care. That would require integrity, a quality they completely lack.

8. That’s a great insight that catch and release is a defacto open border policy.